Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thoughts on May 20, 2011 Around 2AM

I am writing this blog against my own will. I have no raw material: no "thoughts of the day". No themes. Free writing is what the meticulous High School English teachers would call this process. As  I am writing, I will review my thoughts and probably type a couple in this intimidatingly blank space.

I believe that this summer has changed something inside of me. I hate vagueness like that but it feels so real. I feel the freedom and it has been assigned to me. See the paradox? Because I have now earned the abilities to drive and to swim, I feel more empowered. Empowerment is good. This whole summer was empowering. Last summer was a downer and albeit the Murakami books contributed to this. I cannot believe how passionate I suddenly became about uneasiness and the *true* human suffering (both are major issues tackled by Murakami). That somehow affected my whole school year. Now that sucked and made it so nonstrategic in every single "-wise" imaginable. Do not get me wrong. Reading something Murakami is enlightening and at times emotionally grappling but do be warned that after the task will you be semi-schizo or extremely mindfucked. It would be an experience you won't soon forget.

I have been watching True Blood again and it has been devouring me limb by limb. I watch the Season 4 trailer then suddenly I recap myself with the previous seasons. Darn! I wish it were June 27 already. I'd say June 26 but I blame the World Clock. I absolutely cannot wait any longer. I've counted the months with the withdrawal syndrome and finally the reality of Season 4 is so within my reach, I feel like I can touch the moon. I have a month of waiting left. Waiting SUCKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment