Saturday, August 20, 2011

Obligation

I am overwhelmed. So many things have to be done in so little time.

(I am writing this blog for a non-existing audience. I do not mean that no one will read this, no. In fact, dwellers will come by here and there. I am writing as if I am writing for nobody.)

So many books to read. So many movies to watch. So many new things to open up to. So many things to master. I am trying to simulate a character I've created: my ideal self. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Life is supposed to be simulated. We have Sims and it is now in Facebook. You can be anybody you want to be without suffering the "real consequences" in "real life". Aside from games of simulation, other arts have successful blurred our grasp of reality. Art itself mimics life. Through art, a culture has been created. The idea of what is simulated is consequently being blurred and perhaps has detached us from reality-whatever it is. Perhaps we are all drones of a simulation of a fantasy.

I do not want to dwell on reality-whatever it is because it is pointless. If this is a "video game", I'd live it in utter ignorance. Ignorance is bliss and I want the bliss because it is much more convenient.

I am not a happy person.



No comments:

Post a Comment