Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A tinge of hope

The day starts dandily with my almost oversleeping. It progresses to my emotional appetites overpowering me. It ends with a moral lesson (so high school) and a narrative full of unity. Literature has had a strong influence on me.

Nevermind that sad score in the midterms because the benefits of the grading system is that it is mathematical. There is a numerical way to redeem yourself. Nevermind those sad moments in Filipino class wherein your efforts are not enough because time moves on and one can do so to and improve given the time period. Nevermind the frustration of carelessness and all those circumstances because you now know how important it is to avoid them. Nevermind grades because grade consciousness dwindles the consciousness on education and learning.

Hoo ha! I won't allow you to eat me alive, grades! You numerical bastard! You are but numbers which represent participation in class and my compliance with requirements. Class participation and requirements are supposed to reflect how much a student learns in the course. But that can never be measured. Grades are twice removed from the reality of how much a person has learned! Therefore, as Plato puts it, it is not the TRUTH.

I am giving myself hope. Smiles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment