Thursday, January 13, 2011

When Time Dents Reality

I dread that this day was consumed in an ignorant fashion. No moment was absorbed. Hours were slept off. Minutes of Mad Men were untouched. This phenomenon is what I try to stray away from. Is it possible to transit from a sleepy, tiresome life (note the paradox) to that which is more energetic and productive? The productive levels in my bloodstream are not up to par with my procrastinating tendencies--which to my amazement do not really equate to mediocrity. I even feel for the untouched .avi files in my Downloads folder. Thousands  of minutes (yes, thousands) of rich entertainment open to perspective analysis are wasted. Waste. Waste. Waste. If only a natural law of Physics would forever prevent that. I see the ironic linkage between resting and laziness. How can something so venerable be so silently unholy? Time itself is a monster in its own right. It speeds and mixes with space and dents all reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment